Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day 0

DAY 0
Welcome to the blog! On this jolly ol’ page you can follow my exciting adventures throughout the jolly ol’ UK.
Today consisted of… travel! As I am typing this, I am at the Minneapolis airport, getting ready to board (in 1 hr) an 8-and-a-half hour flight. The flight from KC to MN was great, although I sat in the very back corner of the plane.
I’m hoping that since I just endured a 24-hour road trip to Ohio, this flight should be painless. Things I am excited about:
• Free on-flight dinner
• Free on-flight movies
• Plenty of time to sleep =)
No matter how many times I think about it, I’m still baffled that I will basically skip through the night and the morning, and arrive in London at noon. Gotta love flying the opposite direction the sun is going… Huzzah for jet lag and losing 6 hours!
Boring post, but I felt that it would be awkward for me to just launch into my experiences in the UK without a little bit of an introduction.

Interesting experience of the day:
As I casually walked through the metal detector at KCI (no beeps!), the guard looked at me straight in the face and said “Good, no blades this time”.
Umm… what? How do you even respond to that? Well, me being me, I gave a sheepish laugh and got the hell away from that guy… KCI is a weird airport anyway. Now I feel like I look like a serial killer or something. JOKE FAIL. *face palm*

1 comment:

  1. OMG I JUST DIED LAUGHING AFTER READING AOBUT YOUR INTERESTING EXPERIENCE OF THE DAY :)

    ReplyDelete